Tuesday, July 5, 2011

"The Avengers" 2012 Stolen Script Update

It was just a few months ago back in April that the script for "The Avengers" had been stolen - namely, that Samuel L. Jackson's script had been stolen and had been offered up to the highest bidder. According to Reelz Channel, Director Fury, uh - we mean Mr. Jackson had this to say during a recent appearance on The Late Show with David Letterman:


When they sent me the new version of the script, I was shooting a film in Toronto and my assistant copied it from the email [and printed it] in the office somewhere. And by the time we got to Albuquerque someone had stolen the script out of the printer and put it online for sale with my name on it.

I didn?t know printers had memories. And apparently my assistant didn?t either. So when [my assistant] printed my script out, it was still stuck in there. And he had taken the old script that I had, and [put it through a shredder] so we know it wasn't that one [that was stolen].


Marvel/Disney ... sent a team of investigators to Canada. And they interrogated a lot of people in the office of the other film I was working on. They were trying to find the IP address of the person that put it online. It was crazy.


According to Mr. Jackson Marvel is now taking security so seriously they are aerially shielding cast members from possible photographs taken from airplanes.


Being the total comic book & film geeks that we are, we can't help but think that perhaps Lucius Fox said it best in 'The Dark Knight': "Let me get this straight - You think that your client, one of the wealthiest, most powerful men in the world, is secretly a vigilante who spends his nights beating criminals to a pulp with his bare hands. And your plan is to blackmail this person? Good luck."


via reelzchannel.com


View the original article here

No comments:

Post a Comment

Consumer Electronics show in vegas